about me

My photo
Internal comms person/plumber and lover of life's quirks

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Remember you're a Wobbler

Talking to a colleague yesterday we agreed the need for comms practitioners to have a goodly amount of  'resilience' to get their job done and to try and make a difference. It reminded me of a great quote (can't remember its origins): 'Corporate culture is like a giant jelly: unless you shake it hard, it wobbles back to its original position.'
I must confess that as a young reporter I thought 'corporate culture' was the stuff lurking in the unwashed mugs in my old newsroom. I am still not sure it's an entity in itself. What I am sure of is that organisations are the sum of their parts in terms of people, processes, how things have always been done and are done. That makes some of them very tough to work in and for. But how very satisfying when you  'wobble' them to improve communications and it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment