about me

My photo
Internal comms person/plumber and lover of life's quirks

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Let me tell you a story

Storytelling (though it's best not to describe it thus to your left brain CEO) is a technique increasingly being used to give more meaning, context and authenticity to the conversations taking place in some businesses. I have used this approach in a few places - careful to describe it to senior leaders as a way to better bring the business strategy to life and not something involving Janet and John or anything to do with Harry Potter. Google it and you will find plenty of references and case studies. I would also encourage you to check out people like Sparknow , Tony Quinlan and The Storytellers .
Here's another good link - the Harvard Business Review's interview with Peter Guber. Couldn't have put it better myself!
http://tinyurl.com/5sub8pf

No comments:

Post a Comment